Palo Escrito back& sides

Palo Escrito back& sides
2014 April Palo Escrito flamenca

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The oud restoration for Tom Chandler #1


This oud came to hard times some years ago. I don't know how old it is, but guess it's about sixty years old. The past several months it has been in my shop under going restoration for my friend Tom Chandler who is an oud and guitar player in the the San Francisco Bay Area . He's dry and sarcastic, but generally a sweet guy and a great musician. I'm going to explain a few of the things that I did to revive this oud that he had acquired in a rather dubious state of repair.

Since I don't believe in beginning at the beginning, I'm going to start somewhere in the middle. What you see in the picture is the completed patch work and cleaning of the inside of the oud bowl with the top off the instrument.

1 comment:

  1. yes! i was hoping i would see the salad bowl on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete