Palo Escrito back& sides

Palo Escrito back& sides
2014 April Palo Escrito flamenca

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Flamenco Guitar from 2008









Since I'm supposed to be making flamenco guitars, I guess I should get going on talking about them. I found these pictures of a cedar top blanca I made in 2008.

I'm writing this blog for everyone, from jaded flamenco guitar mavens to those who don't know anything about guitars. So I will be talking in both general and specific terms to try to make an overall picture of what I'm doing that everyone can enjoy. For those of you new to looking at guitars or to flamenco guitars, "blanca" in the context of a guitar type means the guitar was made with blonde wood, usually Spanish Cypress. A "negra" means the wood is dark and usually means the guitar is rosewood. I'll get into the qualities of both types of wood over time, I'm building a flamenca negra right now and I will put up some photos soon.

This is a kick ass guitar, but like some of my guitars it was purchased and then I heard through grape vine, had to be sold because the owner had some difficult times. It's sad, but that happens. I hope someday I can make him another guitar.

Here are a few shots of the details. If you have any questions about why flamenco guitars are made this way ask away! I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment