Palo Escrito back& sides

Palo Escrito back& sides
2014 April Palo Escrito flamenca

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Seven string guitar - almost ready to close up the box


I had to go out and buy some clothes pins to glue the back liners on. Why? Because buying something you already have is the best way to find the thing you have if you can't find it because it's lost between the other crap you have in your shop. This usually happens to me with, paint can opener keys, caulk guns, brushes, glue and socks.

Usually I make solid back liners by laminating them together out of thin strips of mahogany bend over a rib shaped form. My friend from the most excellent online guitar maker information source, Musical Instrument Makers Forum, Ellie Erickson sent me a bag of kerfed Spanish Cedar liners. Not sure if I should tell the tale of how those liners were found by Ellie, but it involved dumpster diving. And I'm a believer in dumpster diving.

Thanks Ellie, got any spare clothes pins?

No comments:

Post a Comment